Monday, January 23, 2012

Tofu?

Yes. Tofu. Gag. Spongy. Nastiness.

I like it. Swear. Last night I made a rendition of the "not so potato salad" from the link I posted a few weeks ago. It's good. Really Good.

I kind of cheated. The recipe called for stuff that I couldn't find anywhere so, I came up with my own & I used CANNED POTATOES, cheap, fast easy.

Don't hate on my random guesses on how much I used...

1 can diced potatoes
1/2 block of Extra Firm Tofu cubed
fresh parsley & cilantro chopped (probably about 1/4 c)
1 small red bell pepper chopped
1/2 small red onion chopped
olive oil & fat free Italian dressing (maybe 3 T)
Fresh ground Sea Salt & White Pepper (I hate black pepper)

Toss together & refrigerate overnight.

It's great. The tofu takes on the flavor of what it is mixed with & you'd never guess it wasn't a potato. Try it.

Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment