Monday, January 23, 2012

I did it.

It's official. I've done it. There are no more boxed dinner type products in our pantry. Yesterday, the girl and I went shopping for healthy alternatives and talked about how we were going to make better choices about what we snack on and the meals we have at dinner. She's pretty smart for a 6 year old. When she got in from school she says, "so mom what healthy snack are we eating today?" She chose strawberries! Awesome.

Get this... I rode my bike this morning 5.2 miles! Holy crap. I downloaded this app for my iPhone called Cycle Watch and not only did it have a GPS (in case I got lost in my own hood) but, it also kept up with miles, time & how many calories I burned. Surprisingly I did it under 30 minutes...don't know if that is good time or not but, I did it! Supposedly the app posts your results to Facebook but, I didn't see it on my profile...you know it didn't really happen if it wasn't on Facebook!!

I'm currently an app-addict. My awesome neighbor introduced me to Lose It! DOWNLOAD it now! It is so cool! It keeps up with what you eat, tells you how many calories you need to eat daily to lose X amount of weight per week and the coolest thing is that it has a bar-code scanner. You just scan what you are eating and it pops right up! I've been a scanning fool! Even my cheap-o products from ALDI show up! Awesome.

I've got all the tools that I need to get this HOT BODY underway. Motivation. Check. Healthy Food Options. Check. Will Power. Chiggity Check Check. Watch out people, I'm about to get my grove back!

Holla.
j

No comments:

Post a Comment