Thursday, June 6, 2013

Hate.

Such a strong word. There are a few things that I truly HATE. Cucumbers for instance. HATE. Pumping gas. HATE. Mowing grass. HATE. Going to the dentist. HATE. Yes, I am a sinner. Yes, in my lifetime I have used the word HATE in situations and in the heat of the moment that I regret. But, since finding the love of Jesus Christ and becoming a FULL believer, the word HATE infuriates me. To know someone has hatred in their heart for another human being makes me sad. Not only does it hurt my heart but, it also makes me angry.

I grew up around people with little tolerance when it came to those who were "different" than us. I didn't get it. Heck, I still don't get it for the most part. I understand that the way people view others around them can be generational, I get that it comes from the "era" they were raised in. What I don't get is how it is 2013 and people can still, to this day, have HATE in their heart for people they don't even know. For people that aren't as wealthy as they are, or as white as they are, or for those who are just different than them.

I have spent much of my day today, mad. Really ticked off. I HATE that the negativity of another person has brought this mood on. I HATE that I can't shake it. Jesus says, A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.  John 13:34. He doesn't say, love all the white people but not the brown because you are better. He doesn't say love rich people, not the poor because they worked harder. He says love one another. 

As children, adults would dote over children singing, "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world. Red & Yellow, Black & White, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world." Until that sweet song is put to the test. Then it's Jesus may love all the little children, but my little girl better stay away from that little Yellow Boy! How do you teach your children to love one another and then be a bigot yourself? You think your children don't see that? You think they are blind to your ignorance? No, they are not. They see you & hear you. In the end, when put to the test, they will mimic you. I pray to the Lord that I can set a standard for my daughter to see me being accepting of EVERYONE. I want her to see me in action serving God by my actions, by my prayer and by the way I live my life. 

Today, I should have fallen on my knees and spent the day in prayer. I should have sought out the peace that only God can give. Instead, I sat and got angry. I got upset and mad, then I prayed. Prayer should have been first. 

How can we live in a place where people live their lives completely opposite of what the Bible says?




1 comment: